Monday, November 9, 2009

Society of Illustrators Original Art Show


The Secret Plan was chosen for inclusion in the Society of Illustrators Original Art show! I'm completely thrilled. It's always a fantastic show and I am so excited that my book is included this year!

I was happy to find my picture in a Team Rodeen cluster next to two wonderful pieces by Lauren Castillo (That's Papa's Way) and Peter Brown (Curious Garden) too!

The show includes original art from 125 books as well as several amazing real, live works by Chris Van Allsburg (and at the opening there was real, live Chris Van Allsburg himself too.) There's a great piece from Brian Floca's beautiful Moonshot (which won a Silver medal!) And one of my favorite paintings from Shaun Tan's stunning Tales From Outer Suburbia is on display too. The show is up until November 25th (and free to get into) - I encourage everybody to stop by!

1 comment:

  1. Again, congrats on the inclusion in the Original Art Show this year-- well deserved! And welcome to the blogosphere...glad you launched this and I've tweeted and facebooked just to spread the word...

    ReplyDelete